Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Smile with Your Eyes


"We shall never know all the good
 that a simple smile can do"
                                          Mother Teresa



I have noticed lately that a lot of people are avoiding eye contact with one another.

They all look so serious and busy as they go about their day.

Their look and their body language says, "Don't bother me, I'm busy".

They won't smile for fear of engaging you in a conversation that will hold
them up or having a discussion they're not ready to have.

When was the last time you truly smiled at someone?

Not a loved one, but a complete stranger.

And I don't mean a quick perfunctory turning up the edges of your mouth
with your lips closed.

I am talking about an open mouth, flashing your teeth grin that comes from your eyes.

If the eyes are the window to the soul, we have a lot of soulless people walking around lately.

So, today, while you are going about your day, smile with your eyes, a genuine smile that
reflects your caring for another human being, whether they be friend or foe.

You may never know the impact of that smile.

On the day my Dad passed away, a client of mine simply smiled at me from across the room.
She didn't say a word but her smile spoke volumes.
It said to me, "Don't worry. Everything's going to be alright".

A heartfelt smile may brighten someone's day in ways you may never expect.

Try it and see what happens.

See who you can connect with today.

See whose life you can change with a single smile.






No comments: