Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Stop Resisting Your Calling


"If you are paralyzed with fear it's a good sign.
It shows you what you have to do".
                                           Steven Pressfield


If you haven't read "The War of Art" by +Steven Pressfield, go buy a copy today.

I read it several years ago.

The book was featured on Super Soul Sunday this morning when +Oprah
interviewed Steven.

Steven talks a lot about resistance.

Why do we resist our calling?

Fear is the main cause.

The bigger your fear, the bigger your calling.

We resist that thing we want, and need, to do the most.

Think of how bad you feel every time
you promise yourself,
"Today is the day I will start that workout routine/
painting / book / dance", etc.

You make excuses as to why it can't happen and
before you know it, another day has gone by,
another week, another month, another year.

When are you going to STOP resisting your calling?

I am as guilty as anyone else.

I have two books I have yet to finish.

People have been asking me for years when will they be finished.

What am I waiting for?

Maybe encouragement and validation that I am
good enough to get published?

Will anyone read what I have to say?

Is anyone reading this blog?

The bottom line is whether anyone will read them or not,
I have to write so I can get the words out of my head.

The more I resist, the more it persists.

Does anyone else feel this way?

What are you resisting?

As the Nike commercial says, "Just do it!"

Stop talking about it and do one thing today
to put you on the road to your calling.

Finally silence that voice in your head
that's telling you to do it,
by doing it!

Let me know what your calling is.

I'll help you any way I can.

In the meantime, I have a book to finish...





No comments: