Translate

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Patience

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish
John Quincy Adams

I am sure you have all heard the saying, “Patience is a Virtue”.

I admit I am not a patient person all the time, not as much as I’d like to be anyway. I am extremely impatient when it comes to waiting for people who are late, I think it’s just plain rude. I try my hardest, and usually succeed, at being on time so why do most people find it so difficult?

I do, however, have infinite patience for small children, the elderly, the infirm and anyone who has a challenge of any kind. Strange but true.
Why do I address patience this month? Because you have to be patient when you are manifesting, period. Yes, it is important to “let go of attachment to the outcome”, but how can you do that if you’re constantly worrying about when your desires will manifest?

What has helped me immensely in my manifesting is looking back at my past successes and realizing that EVERYTHING has manifested at the perfect time - every time, no exception.

The Law of Gender states that everything has a gestation period. The gestation time for pregnancy, (in humans anyway), is nine months. You wouldn’t want the baby to be delivered any sooner for fear of abnormalities. Your desire is for a healthy baby.

So why would you want your desires to manifest any sooner than the perfect time? They will be delivered when the time is right, and not a moment sooner. The Universe always has perfect timing. There are no accidents.

Keeping a manifesting log, or journal, is vital to help you track all of your successes. Write down the things you want to manifest and the date. When something comes to fruition return to the log and enter the date that your desire manifested.

Sometimes it only takes a matter of days, even hours, before you receive what you want. That’s where it gets exciting. Other times it can take years, (not so exciting), and that’s where the frustration sets in, and you then start focusing on lack, and what you have NOT manifested. Then what happens? The Law of Attraction brings that to you, more of what you are not manifesting, more lack.

By focusing on your past successes, you will feel hopeful in that it is possible to create what you want because you’ve done it before. Whether it’s a parking space or diamonds is irrelevant. It takes the same amount of energy to create either. The difference is the importance, and mindset, you credit it with.

This week practice being patient. Allow someone to merge in front of you on the freeway. Smile and wave at them like you know them. It blows people away! They are simply not used to it. I get such a kick out of seeing their surprised faces, and the joy I feel when they smile and wave back.

Guess what? That raises my vibration and manifesting power. (Remember to send out into the world what you want to receive back).

Or, if you prefer, allow someone to go ahead of you in line at the grocery store. Take the extra time to breathe deeply and relax and just be. What are we all in such a hurry for anyway?

Time is passing us by too fast as it is and we are constantly wanting things faster; the immediate gratification curse at it’s finest.

I guarantee you will see a difference in your manifesting power if you practice patience and maintain a manifesting log. A gratitude journal is icing on the cake. Be grateful for what you already have and practice patience while you’re waiting for more.

Be patient with others, but more importantly with yourself. You are exactly where you need to be right now. Otherwise you’d be somewhere else, simple as that.

Indeed, patience is a virtue, and I am working at it, one day at a time. I hope you do too.

No comments: